Communication & Language
- Storytelling with homemade puppets - use lolly sticks, old socks and straws then print or draw pictures of characters and attach them.
- Sing Nursery Rhymes and action songs (e.g. Simon Says)
- Make music with saucepans and pots
- Play guessing games (think of an animal and give your child clues to guess what it is)
- Play board games
- Play listening games
- Go outside in the garden and see what sounds you can hear
- Role-play and retell stories with figures
- Go to https://wetalkmakaton.org/ and learn how to use sign language.
- Talk, talk talk! (Talk is extremely important in your child's development - ask them questions, talk about what they see and hear etc.)
- Play instructions games (e.g. first put the teddy on the bed, then put it on the chair etc,)