Below are a list of useful websites and suggestions for home learning.
Many websites are now offering parents free subscriptions to support self-isolation, home schooling and school closures.
Time Capsule Workbook
PLEASE ALSO CHECK THE SCHOOL BLOG FOR WEEKLY WORK.
YOU MAY BE DIRECTED TO CLASS PAGES FOR SOME RESOURCES.
We are mindful of parents being concerned about their child’s screen time and advise you to take a look at the website below to compliment the activities you will be doing at home
Some activities for pupils at home:
- Read a book and write a book review, write the next part of the story, character profiles, retell what you have read and pick out unfamiliar words and find out their meaning.
- Maths – Sums – Using addition, subtraction, times tables and division. Write some down for your child and make them practical for little ones, how many pieces of fruit are there altogether?
- Choose a topic that interests you – Dinosaurs, History, Animals, Transport, Places around the World or Country – Write a fact file about what you have found out.
- Story writing – Be imaginative and creative. Use a picture or idea to start your work.
Of course we highly encourage practical and hands on opportunities together such as:
- Arts and Crafts
- Playdough – You can make this at home very easily!
- Baking cakes and biscuits
- Sticker books
- Learn to fasten laces or fasten coats and ties
- Board games and card games as a family
- Learn to cook a meal together or make a sandwich for younger ones
- Nature Walks or a scavenger hunt in the garden
- Gardening and Planting
Other suggested websites: